Thread: X5M Registry
View Single Post
      10-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #40
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Looks like this thread isn't super popular, but I will chime in.

Name is Dan, 39, married with 1 kiddo, and I sell parts for Snowcats and heavy duty tracked vehicles for a living, but previously worked on european cars, mainly classic from the 50's to 70's.

I have always loved cars, and finally decided that I needed to grow up past modified Subarus and Hondas.

I have been looking on and off at the X5M since I first saw an X6M on the road back in 2010. Just made a bit of a move and life change, and found one that fit what I wanted only 2 hours away. As cars are pretty much always feminine, she is a 2010, Alpine White, black and gloss black interior. That is the only thing I really wanted to have different would have been the C/F accent trim inside.

Unfortunately I think the previous owner wasn't that into cars, as all 4 wheels are curbed, and there is the typical rear wheel arch blasting and some little nicks on the rear bumper and drivers door trim. Luckily I have a friend that owns a body shop, and plan to get nicer summer wheels next year, and keep the curbed set for winter use in Colorado, as I currently live at ~8000 ft elevation.

So far the beast is fun, and I love being able to have the feel and acceleration that I want, while not getting a headache from exhaust drone, and not having a bone-jarring ride.

Pretty happy with it as-is, but might do a flash, and a bit of coding, and maybe led lighting upgrades.
Appreciate 0