View Single Post
      08-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #58
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Tried unhooking the above braided wire, but it was TOO HARD! Couldn't get to the nut behind it, it was too hot outside, and I just got pissed and left it be!

In other news...
Got my Driveshaft Recall letter this week, stating the part is available now. I'm not in a hurry to get in there but will look for a convenient time in the next month to get it replaced.

Also, purchased the BMW X5 Rear Mount Bike rack documented in a few threads on here. Its a really nice piece! It now lists at $599 - Insane! I used my BMW CCA car club discount to get it down to $500. I did see a few used ones for sale on here for cheaper but none close enough to reasonably ship and I need it for a vacation tomorrow so bit the bullet on a new one.

There is enough detail in the various review threads here that I won't repeat much, other than to say it looks great, and works exactly as it should. It is very adjustable. I put my wife's cruiser and my son's smaller bike on there together, only had to lower the seat on my wife's so they sandwiched together nicely. Will use it all next week and find any issues if there are any. I'm already aware of the issue where it triggers the rear parking sensor. I can live with that.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 08-23-2017 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0