View Single Post
      05-23-2017, 08:39 AM   #54
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Update on front tire wear: They are suprisingly still going with seemingly slower front outer edge wear. Perhaps the alignment and my keeping my pressures a tad high has done what I hoped -slowing down the abnormal wear. I will keep driving them as long as I can as the rest of the tread is completely fine and the rears are even better.
I will be taking the family on a couple long driving vacations this summer so will keep an eye on them.

I did install rear brake pads only after the post in February. Fairly easy job, once I saw that the instructions were for the newer style emergency brake adjusters, which I did NOT have on my calipers. My 5 yo son enjoyed helping me break in the new pads with some nice hard stops. Could smell the pads after that, and since then all is 100% normal in brake operation.

I have not however gotten around to flushing the brake system fluid. Since its just a few months after the 2 years, I am not in any desparate hurry. Just getting the "Service Overdue" message at startup.

TPMS system is still giving intermittent "TPMS System Malfunction" errors on and off all the time. Really F-ing annoying. The louder I have the stereo the louder the warning 'gong' is.
I received the BMW recall letter for front driveshaft. When the parts are available and it goes in for that, I will demand that they do whatever it takes to finish off the TPMS errors. They previously changed the TPMS module, and looked it over on two other occasions, to no avail. It acts like a loose wire, sporadic and then back to normal with no codes. Unfortunately any fix will be guesswork without the ability to reliably re create the error.
Still looking for info/help on this, like pulling a fuse for now to elim the error message...

Averaging 12.1-12.4 mpg around town on my short city commute.
Have topped off the oil twice, it appears the original dealer must have puit a little extra in there when I bought it, as the level stayed fine for a long time at first; now it appears the more normal oil consumption reported here is starting to show, but still nothing severe.
No other issues to report.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 05-23-2017 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0