View Single Post
      12-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #16
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
I think that most of the issues with the logic 7 stem from the eq presets. The hifi audio system has the flattest eq presets (with eq settings untouched). But I'm sure that's why the B&W speakers work with the logic 7 system. Coding to hifi you might find that now the Bavsound speakers sound the best.

I wish I could show you what I mean though with the audiocontrol microphone I have to analyze the actual eq output of what your speakers are playing realtime. The eq settings are pretty worthless to have if the factory eq presets are not "flat" cause you may be boosting a signal that's already boosted. My system starts out with the factory signal from the front speakers (that's with eq settings untouched), picture below. Then I used the auto feature in my dsp to tune my eq to get a flat response from that. Then I use that audiocontrol microphone to show me if it's actually a flat response being produced so I can further tune to how I like it to sound.
Wow, fine tuning like this is waaaay above my level of expertise. You mentioned coding HiFi - can you elaborate on this?
Appreciate 0