03-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #21
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6 V8TT View Post
Enough with the name calling start acting like adults now guys. I did go through the entire thread for his X6 and believe or not I like his car a lot. I'm not trying to bash Dinan but the problem with the thread is that he not backing up his numbers. Show us the power that you gained in the 8 months of development. Where is the dyno sheet? Show us the facts. You guys shouldn’t be so naive and believe everything you hear until you see proof. I thought you guys would be a little bit smarter then that. It’s not about being lazy or being stupid. It’s about showing facts. The thread was lacking facts that proves his point.

Dinan can’t dyno a turbo car? Are you kidding me? That’s what they said to you? C’mon any world class tuner would show before and after dyno. I really don't think they have tune at all. If you guys choose to believe Dinan in regards to, "they can't Dyno a turbo car," may God help you. That blog from Singh Autosport was funny but the scary part about it may be true.
I hope you don't consider me name calling when I say you're out of step with what Dinan's doing . BTW, do you work for or are you a Singh Autosport vendor?

Go to the tube or Dinan's website - there's plenty of videos out there that Dinan has published. If anything, his data produces lower net output numbers (i.e., more conservative), but they are more reliable and repeatable (with the right equipment) than the other tuners. One aspect is making sure you're pushing enough air through the system to make it think it's actually on the road in real world conditions. Your other tuners aren't willing to make that kind of investment.
Edit: Singh now claims he uses a "real" dyno that looks like a wind tunnel "because these cars need a lot of cold air", indicating they will have a video out soon demonstrating it. FYI: Dinan pioneered that technique several years ago. Note on the tube video below around time stamp 13:00.
Also note Dinan axle style chassis dyno. I wonder if Singh's "real" dyno includes that feature or does it use rollers?
Additionally, Dinan has moved away from roller chassis dyno's and is using chassis dyno's that connect directly to your axle, because he says the tire slippage on the rollers is too subjective when it comes to repeatable results. I don't see your boy Singh Autosport doing that nor do I see that at any of the local dyno shops kicking out data. Not knocking them, but you brought it up.

I don't see your boy Singh offering the kind of warranty Diana offers. If you're a Singh Autosport fan boy, good for you, but don't expect us to be blown away by your uninformed BS. In the future, if you don't want to experience a bunch of name calling, do a little research.

Last edited by teagueAMX; 03-28-2010 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0