View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Active Autowerke X5M tune = Velos X5M tune?

In the process of comparing various X5M tunes, I started comparing dyno graphs. The two graphs below are pulled from AA's website and Velos' website (and postings) here.

AA -

Velos -

Anyone notice anything? The chart scaling is slightly different between the two, but it's clear that they are the exact same.

I'm just curious as to why they're the same. Is there one canned X5M tune that AA and Velos have each purchased from a tuner and are each distributing under their own company heading and flash loading tool? I've done a lot of dyno pulls on multiple vehicles - even run to run, there's still minor variances in the shape of the curve. These separate pulls (at different locations in Miami and presumably at different times in different weather conditions) are virtually identical.

Very odd.

Omar, Andrew, care to comment?

ps. It's amazing how lean the OEM tune is until 5k RPM. That's odd as pulling fuel out usually results in more power, but here the AA/Velos tune is adding fuel early on (and adding boost and ign. advance) while still achieving a fair bit more power.
Appreciate 0