Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5 M  [9.62]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceSmooth View Post
so I've experienced this numerous times and it's brought hell upon my life to the point where I haven't driven my car for about a month...

I'm posting because I'm wondering why the hell my car door won't open when you insert the manual key into the keyhole located on the driver side door to open it. I understand that my battery is dead due to the issue but isn't the keyhole there for these reasons or is it just my car. The keyhole works just fine when there's a charged battery in the car but now, for the 3rd time, I'm locked out of my car and pretty much have to break into it, for the 3rd time. First time they drilled into my keyhole at BMW to unlock it (I had a keyhole cover mod and I'm thinking this may have to do with the problem, not sure tho...) Second time they used airbags of some sort which freaking scratched the inner portion of my car door which thank god isn't visible unless the door is opened.

This is a dreadful experience because it should have been fixed the first time around but my dealership refused to do so as they were pointing blame on my ESS software tune which ESS assured me had no possible correlation. Sorry for the vent but any advice would also be helpful. I have an appointment on Thursday with a different dealership since my service advisor won't even return my call. F M L
How did the dealership know your car was ESS-tuned? Was it towed to the dealership with the tune (due to battery issue?) Or did they find it even when you de-tuned it for the dealership visit? I had considered the keyhole cover mod myself for security issues but realized I wouldn't be able to open the vehicle had my battery ever died so I didn't do it. And it so happens this winter (2 months ago) I got the Increased Battery Discharge issue too. Luckily the battery never completely die on me but it did die when the dealership had it to work on. They wouldve had to drill the cover if I had done the key cover mod. After the battery got replaced I haven't had any issue so far.

Sorry to hear about your on-going troubles. Good luck and hope you get resolution soon.
Appreciate 0