View Single Post
      02-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #43
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx2
I installed H&R track spec spacers on my X5M last week and they make a huge visual difference. I took lots of measurements before ordering and the actual numbers from the furthest part of the wheel/tire to the outside edge of the fenders were as follows:

Front
--------
.715in (18.161mm)

Rear
-------
.775in (19.685mm)

I decided to order 15mm front and 20mm rear. The fronts are pretty extreme considering that theoretically they could have gone out another 3mm. I wouldn't recommend anything more than 15mm up front or it will begin to look silly. Rears "may" have another few mm's available, but I'm perfectly happy with the look of the 20mm. Overall, very pleased with the much more agressive stance.

Don't forget to torque lug bolts to 101ft/lbs and then re-torque after 50-100 miles.
Cool, thanks for that info dude! I have a 2013 X5M and the stance has been bothering me!

Couple of questions: How much were the H&R's? Why that brand, are there any other or better brands to go with?

Please post pics of the front and especially the rears! I was torn between going with 20mm or 25mm on the rears...
Appreciate 0