View Single Post
      01-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
Nobody has mentioned poor rear vision and lack of headroom. They were the two main things that stopped me from buying.

Also a kinda high real-world price compared with what else you can buy for the same money, particularly as there are so many deals out there right now.

I still love the front and side views of the vehicle, but not the rear.
The rear visibility is no worse than a 650 convertible.

As far as price goes, nothing else compares since this is the only cross over in the segment. The FX is a few notches down.

We need to understand the X6 for what it is and not compare to something we want it to be or some other vehicle. This does not make sense. If I compare the cost of an X6 for $65-$70k and all you get to an M3 for example, the X6 is the better buy with the same or better gas mileage. But they are two different cars with different target markets.

The cost debate has been discussed at length between the 335/M3, 335/535, 335/650, X3/X5, etc. It comes down to what you want, what yours needs are, and what you can afford.

In case no one has noticed a minivan is close to $40k, and Toyota Highlander Hybrid is almost $45k. Cars are not cheap, especially good ones.

The Cadillac Escalade lists for $70k, and they are selling new for $50-$55k with discounts. I still think this vehicle is overpriced for a Tahoe with leather.

In the end, I like the X6. Is it perfect? No. But no BMW is perfect nor any other car.

Enjoy your X6's. Life is too short to fret.