View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Question Nav System Day/Night Mode

So, I've had my 2013 X6M almost 10 months now... I really like the vehicle but there appears to be one really bonehead design element (or lack there of)...

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it simply incredulous that a vehicle of this pedigree would not automatically switch between day and night modes wrt to the Nav/Map display? Sure you CAN switch it by hand, but wtf?

Even the very cheapest Nav systems switch between day and night modes based on Time of Day, local calculated sunrise/sunset, the auto headlight sensors, or whether the headlights are simply on or off...

It seems really senseless (pun intended) to have to manually switch off the glaring daytime map display when running the vehicle at night.

This all works automatically in my M6, so whats up with this in the X6M? I'm wondering if this stupidity can be resolved with a firmware or nav system update...

As I'm sure someone will likely come up with some carefully fabricated reason why manual switching is the far superior method, at least BMW should give us the option to enable auto-switching...
Appreciate 0