View Single Post
      02-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

What a beauty man congrats! Stay off the gas pedal will be a challenge I see lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
I decided to sell my "winter" vehicle, an E83 X3 M Sport. I just could not drive that car anymore after spending time in my F80.

Just purchased a 2012 X5M from a BMW CCA member, 55k Miles, with a few months of CPO remaining and an Eisenmann Race Exhaust.

Initial Impressions:

I've wanted this car since it came out. I drooled about it as i was a college kid in 2009 when it was released. Something about a full size SUV that can take on sports cars was just soooo badass to me. The car is batshit fast for an SUV.

Positives:

- Love the room, multi contour seats and general interior finishes. Feels really special with the leather dash and stitching everywhere. Even the premium sound is better than the HK in our cars

- Power delivery is outstanding when you step on it, Handling is surprisingly impressive and leaves me with much confidence around turns and in the wet

- General Looks, i think its understated but you can tell it something special

- Sound : Wow i really missed the sound of a V8, its just so deep

Negatives:

- Gas mileage is horrendous. I think i'm averaging 12.5 right now, and i'm not mashing on it hard

- Transmission programming. I believe it is programmed to stay in lower RPMs when cruising, so you need to mash the pedal to get it to go, thus burning tons of gas. This can be fixed with a simple toggle over to sport mode, but still. I'm also not used to a standard slushbox after having an amazing DCT transmission in the M3

Overall, i've found myself grabbing the keys to the X5M more than my M3 lately, Perhaps because i just got it? (honeymoon phase). Seriously considering consolidating at some point into a new X5M.

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
Naz241627.50