View Single Post
      03-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #21
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sruss2354 View Post
I researched this same thing for months prior to making a decision. I ended up going with the 50i M-package. I would have preferred to get the M but I couldn't find any with low miles and within a reasonable distance to where I am at and within my budget.

My budget was under 30k and I wanted a 2011-2016 mode with less than 50k miles that had to have the M-package. Everything I looked at was either over that price range or had too high of mileage. I ended up finding a diehard BMW guy that had just bought a 2018 X5M (his dream car) and was selling his old 50i that he absolutely babied (kept every receipt, BMW only parts and services, garaged, only professionally detailed, premium gas, etc...), I mean I couldn't have asked for a better find. 51k miles, all the upgrades (cold, tech, M, & lane assist packages, etc..), and negotiated a great deal with an extra set of summer tires (w/ warranty). I've had it for 6 mo. and it's been a blast!

Is the X5M my dream vehicle? Yeah!
Was it within my search parameters? No.
Will I buy an X5M after the 50i M-package? Yes.

I'd say if you don't have a tight budget, go for the X5M. For what I was looking for, the 50i with M-package got me as close as I could get for about $10k less. With a couple mods, I'll be able to get close but as everyone else is saying the M is just that much better.

(The BMW mechanic I go to was saying how much more the X5M parts and services can be, so for whatever that is worth..)

BTW, I'd be curious to get some more info about all of the talk about N63 having issues?
I don't have either but have been viewing the forums quite a bit. I think most of the issues have been solved due to the N63 campaign. Although I think the V8 owners still need to do the valve stem seals? every once in a while and that's pretty pricey.
Appreciate 0