audioquest
2nd to None!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M8 GC, M5 30Jahre, X6 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6xdrive50i View Post
I am so looking forward to your review. Can BMW detect that you've changed the programming in the ECU?
I can see you are from Sydney too. You are welcome to try on my car if you are considering ECU remapping. (PM me) The biggest benefit in the remapping is the fuel economy. Before I only manage 440km per tank now I can do at least 500km. Have a try first to see if you like it. But mine is fitted with a Hartge exhaust system, it is a either you like it or hate it system. When you start the engine in the morning everybody will look where is the V8 coming from. Sound no complaint the only thing I dont like about the exhaust is that sometime it is very irritating on certain gear it rattle a little and the noise is not comfortable to the ears. But I also can see some people love that. I am someone who prefer comfort than Vroom Vroom. I might change it back to stock but will still keep the tip from hartge. If my Mrs complaint again. I really like the 4 pipe.

About BMW detecting. IMO I dont know. I had tell them I had done a remapping in my first service, because I need to fit in a second battery to my system that also require some changes in the program. They tell me most of the people who done a remapping aways have some problem with their exhaust system later. I will find out for you what problem it is. But once the service manager saw my Hartge Exhaust without the original airvalve install he told me I have done it right. I dont really understand what he mean. I was in a rush and didnt ask him why. I will find out more.
Appreciate 0