United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Resolved: Crankcase vent hose cracked...Cylinder 4 misfire on WOT

Hi all,

Recently i started going in to limp mode when flooring the truck. Every time it happens, i run the diagnostic and I'm getting Cylinder 4 misfire, nothing else. Had the injectors replaced 5k miles ago. Should i swap out the spark plug for that cylinder? Boost leak would cause the same cylinder to misfire consistently?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

UPDATE

Hoses are all cracked and just falling apart. Any reason i cant mock up some hoses out of fuel lines and secure them with worm clamps? The oem hoses are the cheapest shit i've ever seen in my life. Was the quality of a 99 cent toy.

Resolution

I replaced the hoses with OEM parts as it was just too much of a pita mocking up the proper length. Easy process. Was 280 each for the 13717848152 and 60 for the hose that sits on top of the engine.

Misfire was caused by a faulty coil, replaced and its back to beast mode. It was actually shaking and running sloppy for a while. Gonna replace the other 7 this weekend. Took about 10 mins to replace the toughest to get to coil on cyl 4. Removed the coolant overflow mount and set it aside, did the same with the vacuum reservoir then flipped up the cap on the coil, put a screwdriver through the cap loop and pulled it out with medium force. Then jammed the new on in, plugged it in and pushed the cap down to secure.

Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully this thread can be a reference to others.
Attached Images

Last edited by StatenEye; 08-02-2018 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0