View Single Post
      05-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #28
EuroTrip
BMW FAN
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 M3 AW 6MT

X6

The X6 is really an amazing car.
At my BMW factory training event, I was able to compare the X6 to the Cayenne and the FX45 on in a skidpad situation.

The Rear Diff is just amazing. There is a main diff for freeway driving and two separate diffs inside the case for cornering and stability.

I personally feel the 3.0TT version to be a bit sluggish and underpowered but the new V8 TT will knock your socks off. The engine is engineered backwards with the exhaust portion of the engine on the top. The kidney grill airflow goes under the engine cover to cool the turbos which are mounted in the V8's valley. Dealers such as myself are taking orders on the V8TT as of three days ago.

I doubt there will be a market for the tune on that V8 TT car though, tuners I wouldn't spend the effort.

The general public really isnt impressed with the X6 though. They feel it to be forced and not ready for these innovative lines in a BMW. It does however have every signature line we can expect from a BMW, including the kidney grills and Hoffmeister kink in the rear side window.

Motortrend rated the X6 behind the new FX35, which is a load of sh!t The two cars are uncomparable if you drive them both, but I guess the general public cant drive anyway.

--Palmer
Crevier BMW Internet Manager.
Appreciate 0