Thread: X6 Order Status
View Single Post
      05-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #9
DallasBeemer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i Vermillion Red

I've been traveling (flying) like crazy over the last 3 weeks, so still haven't put as many miles on the vehicle as normal. I only have about 150 miles on it so far, and according to the computer, the mileage is pretty anemic - averaging around 14 miles to the gallon. I'm certainly hoping that the mileage improves after it's broken in .

The look gets a favorable response from most, but it's still somewhat polarizing. My boss, who drives an M6 among other vehicles, hates it. But most of my co-workers, who drive everything from Mercedes CLS to 'vettes like the look.

What I like the most - still the look. It's unique and relatively functional. I like the looks of a coupe, but I really like sitting up high. Drive is still great - plenty of acceleration and rides like a BMW. Not too squishy, but not overly harsh.

What I like the least - the rear camera. Compared to my Infiniti, it's woefully inadequate. The view is somewhat distorted and not nearly as clear, broad or sharp. Also the beeping from the sensors when you're backing up is annoying, and I fllip the switch off almost immediately.
Appreciate 0