View Single Post
      01-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #21
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
Same here, my initial thought was that there's an issue with the electronics. This was also my first car with launch control so holding the brake and pressing the gas is new to me. Though I eliminated that possibility by pressing the brake as hard as I could along with using the parking brake.

I tried reaching out to local X5M to see how it is done and to feel how the braking system should be like. Fortunately there was an X5M for sale locally that I was able to test drive to feel the baking system.

Send me a PM and maybe I can help you troubleshoot. We could facetime or I can end you a video of how it's done. You're not along...this is what forums are for.

Keep in mind nothing about launch control feels natural for the car. The torque converter is designed for this.
thanks for helping out.. Im in Istanbul now and my car is in Kyiv at the moment couple weeks more i need to be here.. i ll keep in mind after i go back.. i had E92 M3 for a month it was really feeling like you want to do a LC.. but E71 X6M feels like not.. )
Appreciate 0