View Single Post
      08-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #12
philly42
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmayank View Post
How many weeks you owned the car and the miles you have put on it. The problems faced by you( Launch due to break) is very less than other owners who are complaining about turbo, VANOS, valve stem, oil leaks and electronic. Do you take special care of your car. I have bought a 2010 x5m with 64 k miles on it and hoping it can last until 100 k . Also taken exclusionary warranty for next 40k/48 months for 8k$. What is your thoughts on warranty, are you planning to take one
I’ve only had the car for a few weeks now and put about 1k miles on it. This includes the miles from driving the car 8hrs home from purchasing it in another state. Since having the car, I’ve been testing things and making sure the car is good with its maintenance. So far I’ve replaced the spark plugs and O2 sensors. The reason I didn’t inspect in detail the brake system was because I paid a BMW technician to do so…which who apparently didn’t do their job. The technician should’ve checked the thickness of the rotors.

I understand the risks of not having any warranty. My way of mitigating is having a fair amount of tools, knowledge and resources so I can diagnose and make repairs myself. I’m not fortunate enough to have the car serviced regularly at a dealer.
Appreciate 0