View Single Post
      12-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
DarienJim
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 x6 50i

Well the 'stories' continue. . .

The dealer kept the x6 for a week and found 'no drainage problems' but the battery had 'failed'. This after replacing two batteries last winter because they kept 'failing'.

I went to get the x6 last night after I was told that a new battery was installed, and when I got to the dealer, I was told I had to wait as the new battery failed. So, after sitting there two days, the new battery failed at the dealership.

I spoke to the service manager and he assured me that the new battery was in fact six months old, that they had not rotated their stock quickly enough and that the factory rep told them to take out the 'new six month old battery' and install a new (newer???) one.

Now I cannot discern what they are telling me is true or not or just giving me the run-around. How can a 'six month old' battery fail or not be adequate to run my car?

And guess what: this morning after driving the car last night for 25 minutes around town, the car already is turning over slowing. I wonder how many days or weeks I will get with the 'new' ('newer'?) battery.

At some point someone at BMW Factory needs to take some responsibility and fix this problem!
Appreciate 0