10-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #4
dom55
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyBMW View Post
I'm finally retiring my X5M from daily driver work duties. And now I'm preparing to deal with the wear and tear it's accumulated in the past 2 years.

My driver side, rear driver side passenger door panel, and rear head rest are "pitted" with a few tiny holes and quarter-inch tears. The torn leather is still intact and folded over. I've been holding them down in place with gaffers tape until I could figure out a repair solution.

I'm in NYC and having a difficult time finding a detailing shop that can assist me with this. It appears my only solution is DIY (glue and dye) or buy expensive OEM replacement panels (over $1k a piece!).

Anyone have experience or a good solution to leather repair?
I know of a good leather repair shop in Tuckahoe, which is up in Westchester. I had some of the dye fade off the driver side door arm rest in my E70 X5M with silverstone interior and they did a great job repairing it. I would say it was a 99% repair (nothing is perfect). The color match was perfect and you could barely tell the area was touched. It was only $100 to have the repair done which was much much cheaper than replacing the whole door panel (~$1300) which would have been the only other way to fix it.

I can PM you their contact info if you are interested. They were great to deal with and completed the repair in about 2 hours. I dropped the car off, went to breakfast at a nearby diner, and came back and drove home.