View Single Post
      07-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #20
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
We had both of ours in their own room and crib on day 1. It wasn't planned that way but we found that EVERYONE sleeps better when the kid is out of your room. Every little noise is going to wake you up or keep your wife up. For the sanity of everyone involved, it's the better bet. For that reason, we didn't use a bassinet.

Pack-n-play - We actually used ours a ton, even from the start. When you're running around the house, it's hard to keep an eye on the kid all the time so we kept them in the high setting until they were sitting up and then we just lowered it. It's also very handy to bring to a friends house if there's a nap coming up but you want a life. Set that thing up and put in in their bedroom and everyone is happy.

hmmm..my wife was hell bent on breastfeeding, so that co-sleeper was the only way to make it work. Around 5 months, we actually started sleeping in separate beds/rooms. Then I was like, this isn't sustainable, then at 6 months or so, we moved kid to another room and our sleep quality has gotten way better. Now kid wakes up around 3 AM, I give her a drink of water, then shut the door and let her cry herself to sleep.

Pack-n-play, we have it, but we live in a small house. I get your point on its portability, but when I tried it the first time, it was a PITA to fold in and out.

We have a trip planned in 2 months, and Pack-n-play will need to come with us as it'll be the crib in the hotel as you had mentioned.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 07-25-2016 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0