View Single Post
      07-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #11
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
It really depends on your kid. Some people love the Momaroo (4 Moms fancy swing thing) but our daughter hated it.

The best infant carrier in still the Chicco (pronounced Keyco - which everyone butchers) KeyFit 30.

As far as convertible seats - we have two Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 5/70 which we are extremely happy with. The kids love them and they are super high quality. We got the Licorice color (black leather with white stitching) which matches the interior of our Jeep GC perfectly and is easy to clean. They run about $400 but they use them for many years and it's only about $150 more than most other nice seats. Made in Italy, not China like everything else out there.

I also have a Recaro Performance Ride convertible in my car which I would not recommend. It's cool because it says Recaro on it but it doesn't look as comfortable as the Peg and the center buckle pad is constantly falling off. The one feature it has that I think others should replicate is the fixed shoulder pads. They never twist or shift. Brilliant idea.

Strollers: We have an Uppababy Vista which my wife and I both think (in hindsight) was a waste of money. It's about $800 but is really big and clunky and you still have to purchase an army of adapters and attachments if your other equipment is not also Uppababy.

Our everyday stroller is a Baby Jogger City Mini which is really awesome. It's not as light as an umbrella but it's more solid in every way and it folds in half (I still get a kick out of it). It retails for ~250 but you can find them for $150-175 on some sites (pishposh, etc). I sometimes with we got the GT version because it has inflated tires that can handle more terrain but if you want to bring it on a plane, the inflatable tires may be an issue. We should have used this stroller from day one because you can get the same infant carrier adapters and the footprint is MUCH smaller than the Uppababy.

I could go on all day...

I'm sure people will chime in and say that I'm 100% wrong on some stuff but I am speaking only from our experience.

Oh, and Amazon Prime Subscriptions are your best friend for diapers. You'll figure out quickly how many you'll go through in a month and it's nice just having them show up. We get wipes from Costco but they only carry Huggies diapers and we use Pampers (wife and I both agree that Huggies blow lol).
OP- read this thread carefully...he and I are on the exact page.

We have exactly the same shit...except we have the Uppababy Cruz...b/c we no ballers like you. And I haven't bought my convertible seat yet, but I'm leaning towards peg perego.

I also have the Baby Jogger Mini...still haven't used it yet, trying to convince my wife that's the one to use daily...I hate piecing that Uppababy together every single freaking time out of the trunk of the car.

I also notice Baby Jogger sells adapters to fit your Chicco attachments onto it. In hindsight, we should not have bought the Uppababy.

I have to say, it all depends on the life style...if you're urban, people swear by the Baby Jogger b/c of it's one pull setup. If you're rolling around in an urban assault vehicle like myself, UppaBaby/Chicco will work if you can be bothered to manage the pieces. Others say that if you are urban and won't need to go into cars often, then get a Uppababy. So the question is, can you be bothered to assemble a 2-piece every time?

Nevertheless, you'll still want the infant/base/cart combo I mentioned before regardless. Be prepared to have like at least 3 strollers.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 07-25-2016 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0