Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
If you were to only use the hitch for bike and ski carriers, which one do you favor, suggest?
What you plan to tow probably doesn't matter - all these hitches will work to tow a boat/trailer, etc., as well as a bike rack. I think it comes down to what you want to pay and how important the look is to you.

Curt - one of the least expensive options, no bumper cutting, but receiver always showing

OEM - more expensive than Curt, rear bumper requires cutting, and receiver always showing

Execuhitch - more expensive than OEM, no bumper cutting, receiver only visible when you're towing/bike rack mounted

I have the Execuhitch bike rack version (no wiring harness) and it works great. I rarely need to haul my bike anywhere so I like the fact I never see the receiver. I will note that I chose to have a 2nd hole drilled through the bike rack connector so I could get the rack closer to the vehicle. With my particular bike rack (Yakima FWIW), where the receiver sat, and where the factory hole was drilled through the connector, I didn't like how far off the back of the vehicle the rack sat. Still safe and functional, but I wanted to get it closer.
Thank you for the insight. I am especially interested in hauling my ski equipment. Don't want to buy a box and the bars.
Appreciate 0