01-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lknbimmers View Post
I have been contemplating the Dinan Stage 2 Performance flash for my 2012 X5 3.5. My main fear is the voiding of the factory warranty after the Dinan software is installed.
Dinan offers a matching BMW factory warranty but there seems to be a lot of finger pointing. In the end the consumer is left with either a voided BMW warranty or BMW is unwilling to pay a Dinan claim.

There are two authorized Dinan centers near me, Habberstad and Greenwich (service center is in Port Chester). I'm leaning towards Greenwich for the upgrade. Has anyone dealt with either franchise? I am interested to hear of your experiences with the installation as well as any followup issues. In addition have there been any issues with relability and or error codes?
Rallye is where I normally service my vehicles and I plan to continue using them after Dinan is installed.
If there are any software updates, I am aware that the Dinan software will be lost. I will need to return to the authorized Dinan center to be reflashed.

Finally for ALL those who have Dinan Stage 2 am I going to be wowed?

I don't have the Dinan stage 2 in my X5, but I did have it in my 335 N54. The power is unbelievable over stock. Gas mileage increased just a tad on the highway as long as you drive it right. As far as the warranty and customer service of Dinan, I have first hand experience. I had the tune put in my car at 20K miles. At 42K I had spun rod bearing #6. Even though I had multiple injector failures and fuel pump failures and 2 coil pack failures ( all which could have possibly caused that cylinder to run hot in addition to the fact that cylinder 6 is the last cylinder to receive coolant) BMW blamed Dinan for the engine failure. The total cost for a new long block was around $13,000 parts and labor installed. Dinan quickly paid in full without any complaints. I would never hesitate on a Dinan product, they stand behind their product and back it with a great warranty.