teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
D'oh, youre completely right.

Insult your intelligence? Huh? I said that it was a strange comparo, but that if it was Top Gear style that it would be a fun watch.

1. I never said the X6 is an offroad vehicle. In fact on the last page I said that if it was an on road test, the X6 would win and that if it was an offroad test than the Raptor would win.

2. I never said they were

3. If its Top Gear style than it doesnt have to be "valid"

4. Fords are excellent cars and trucks. I was simply informing the people in the US that have the incorrect notion that Fords are crap cars.

5. a. Umm, no, Chevys do not compare to Euro brands...they are just crap, everywhere you go.
b. You took that a step to far, but even so why could you not compare a Corvette to a Toureg? Top gear compared a Dihatsu to an Azcari (not sure if I spelled that correctly). So long as it is a fun video to watch, albiet not the most informative video ever, who cares, and more importantly, if you enjoy it whose time was wasted?

6. And 6 is the most important one.

Try reading all of my posts on this thread before you become an asshole, ok?
It did insult my intelligence and here's why:
  1. Nobody here had to say the X6 was an off-road vehicle, but there are people (not saying it’s you) that suggested the X6 should be thrown into the same bucket as standard SUV AWD and trucks. The idea is that some think X6’s AWD makes the comparison valid. Why else would Top Gear do the comparo?
  2. Ok, I’m fine with that cuz I watch Top Gear all the time.
  3. I currently own a Mercury Sable and my wife owns a Lincoln Nav, and we too are making the transition from American to European. I’ve been hanging our here just to make sure I don’t buy another “pig in the poke” OK. And yes, Ford may be the “crème de la crème” of the US manufactures, and give ‘em extra points for not only surviving but also posting a profit. Fact is all that says is people here in the US that buy US have nowhere else to go but Ford as it‘s the only safe haven - Ford may be the only one to survive. But having said that, my history of ownership of the US auto manufacture alphabet soup gives me the right say they are all crap - but Ford is only slightly better crap. I paid my dues in 1980’s when all my friends were buying Hondas but I resigned myself to by US, and the day after I drove my Chevy off the lot, Ford made the headlines that they paid out huge bonuses in spite of the fact they posted massive losses to their balance sheet and stuck their stockholders in the a**. In my experience, every one of these brands has had premature preventable failures. I’d be in a Japanese car right now but I’m tired of sending all my money to Asia.
  4. Chevy may be crap, but there are more sports car performance market comparisons between the Vet than any other US make, including Ford. And why not do a compare with a vet and a Toureg – it’s just as valid as comparing a X6 to a Ford SVT PU, which is precisely my point.
  5. Fine have fun with the vid, but don’t justify the comparison with citing example of other comparisons and top it off with the statement “Fords do compare to Euro brands”. That’s what pissed me off.
  6. I did read the entire thread before I posted.
I apologize for being an a**hole so let’s drop here.
Appreciate 0