Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttaichongla View Post
i think i know which video you are talking about, it was a 550i not an M5
D'oh, youre completely right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
I might agree if liked freak shows but I quit going to the circus years ago.

Sure one can say "Fords do compare to Euro brands" - let's do a Ford GT40 with a Porsche Carrera GT, or do a round up comparo with a Vet, a Porsche, Jag, etc. - good job! behind you 100 percent.

Let's take it another step: How about a comparo between a Vet and a VW Touareg. That's a fair comparison one might say, they both have four wheels, they both have engines, etc. and after all, "Chevy's do compare to Euro brands", right!? It's just a matter of ground clearance, so we won't take the Vet off road, and then we'll. . . it goes on.

1. The X6 may be AWD, but it not an off-road vehicle - the Ford SVT is.

2. The two vehicles are not close to the same class in configuration, height, width, overall size, intended purpose, etc.

3. It's not a valid "comparison" - see points 1 and 2, above.

Don't insult our intelligence with "Fords do compare to Euro brands" as if that's a valid argument.
Insult your intelligence? Huh? I said that it was a strange comparo, but that if it was Top Gear style that it would be a fun watch.

1. I never said the X6 is an offroad vehicle. In fact on the last page I said that if it was an on road test, the X6 would win and that if it was an offroad test than the Raptor would win.

2. I never said they were

3. If its Top Gear style than it doesnt have to be "valid"

4. Fords are excellent cars and trucks. I was simply informing the people in the US that have the incorrect notion that Fords are crap cars.

5. a. Umm, no, Chevys do not compare to Euro brands...they are just crap, everywhere you go.
b. You took that a step to far, but even so why could you not compare a Corvette to a Toureg? Top gear compared a Dihatsu to an Azcari (not sure if I spelled that correctly). So long as it is a fun video to watch, albiet not the most informative video ever, who cares, and more importantly, if you enjoy it whose time was wasted?

6. And 6 is the most important one.

Try reading all of my posts on this thread before you become an asshole, ok?

Appreciate 0