08-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #40
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
Just out of curiosity... Do you guys drive enough, or fast enough, that you need $2-3000 worth of radar and laser jamming equipment?!

I understand that many of you are made of money and buy every damn thing you can, but seriously, is all of this really necessary? How about just driving the speed limit, or at least 5-10mph over...?

Am I missing something?!
In most places cops rarely shoot from the rear, so for most people a duel setup on the front is sufficient, and in those cases, the kit would be under $1000, so there are ways to do things for cheaper. ALP is expensive compare to the others, if you are willing to settle for LI or Blinder, they are around the $500-600 mark.

As for if it's worth it, I say yes defiantly, say if you got hit 3 times, those 3 tickets plus the lawyer fees of dealing with them and the fines you have to pay at the end, plus the demerits on your license that effects your insurance rate, will quickly add up to be way more than the $1-2000 you will spend on these equipment.

as for how much I speed, honestly quite a lot, but I live by a highway and I don't speed recklessly, I just have little regards for the speed limit since they aren't what I consider reasonable, especially for a our cars. Also this highway that I'm referring to is 3 lanes per side and the speed limit is 50mph, which is just retarded
Appreciate 0