View Single Post
      08-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #39
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
Just out of curiosity... Do you guys drive enough, or fast enough, that you need $2-3000 worth of radar and laser jamming equipment?!

I understand that many of you are made of money and buy every damn thing you can, but seriously, is all of this really necessary? How about just driving the speed limit, or at least 5-10mph over...?

Am I missing something?!
Haha yes, you have to consider the cost benefit analysis. I haven't installed jammers but a lot of times, people say they've only been hit with laser 5-7 times over the last 2-3 years of having them installed. Is it worth the $2,000? That's up to you to decide how much your speeding ticket, lawyer and court fees, insurance hikes cost. In some counties where laser is used more frequently than radar, the benefit may be there. I know in NY more and more departments are using laser.

As for the speeding issue, I usually go 10-15 over the PSL when there is other traffic around me going the same. If I'm alone on the road, I try not to go over 10. There are people who always wants to be the fastest on the road, so they like to go faster than the guys whose already going 15 over the PSL so more like 20-25. A few times I've hit 90ish on straight stretches but don't stay at that speed for long.
Appreciate 0