View Single Post
      08-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbmb View Post
Got to drive an X6 5.0 today. It didn't feel as big as I was expecting which was nice. Really liked the interior as this one had all the bells/whistles. Power was plenty, but there was noticeable turbo lag. I've never owned or really driven many turbos, but it seemed there. Also the steering felt, for a lack of a better word, heavy. Seemed like it took a lot of effort to turn. Even moreso than my GL. Would like to drive an X6M now to see if it feels a little more responsive. I assume it would given that it's an M.
Yes, there is some lag on the 50i. Not necessarily off the line, but coming out of a 10-15mph turn, you give it gas and nothing happens for a few seconds. A friend of mine did the Dinan tune and said it all went away.

The steering on the X5/X6 is really heavy (for some reason the X5 feels more heavy). I'm surprised that more people (Moms?) don't complain about this. Active Steering fixes it (a rare option in the X5/X6) as does upgrading to the M. For some reason the X6M has much lighter steering than the regular X6.

So in short, I think you will find that the X6M has lighter steering and therefore possibly feels lighter. I'm not 100% sure about the lag however - I believe the turbos are piped differently in the M than in the 50i and that is designed to reduce the lag.
Appreciate 0