igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbmb View Post
Currently drive a C63 coupe and the kids are getting bigger. Turns out I'm shuttling them around more than I thought I was. So I end up driving my GL more than I would like.

So looking at getting out of the C63 and into a 4-door sedan/SUV that is similar in power to my C63, but with a little more luxury. Thought about a F10 M5, but that thing is huge. The E63 is a tad smaller, but not much. And looking for a bit more luxury than an M3 or C63 sedan. Not an Audi fan unless they bring an RS6 over.

I've seen some used X6M's for decent prices, but they aren't close enough to test drive. I'm going to try and drive a X6 5.0 just to get a feel.

I know the X6M weighs more than an M5, but does it seem as huge? The specs are pretty similar.

Any input much appreciated.
Just a quick note/correction X6 or X6M is considered an SAV, not an SUV. "Sport Activity Vehicle", not "Sport Utility Vehicle". Second, Mercedes (E63, C63 or S600) are all passenger's cars. They are great vehicles, but not designed with driver in mind. BMW X6 and X6M is a driver's car. Designed for the driver in mind. My personal opinion, there is nothing better out there (driving since 1985 and I've driven them all in my life-time)
Appreciate 0