jfiore13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfiore13 View Post
Just brought mine in today ..... They said about a week to 2 weeks. My advisor said they have been having a lot come in for this and all of them needed timing chains and various other work done under the "recall" so I'm eager to hear what is up with mine. ( even though it drove fine) I will keep you guys posted.
Your dealer said they need your X5 for 'a week to 2 weeks' even though they haven't looked at it yet? Or did you mean that's worse case scenario?
No they said that long just to look at it and give me an answer on what is going on. The advisor claimed after they did the test on everything.... They then send the reports to BMW in which BMW will tell them what to change at that point and send them necessary parts. He told me at the earliest it will be about 1 1/2 weeks and at longest about 2 1/2 weeks to install new parts from whatever BMW tells them to do. My advisor told me I should expect to hear from him by Wednesday or Thursday of next week on what they are advised to install to my car. I will keep you posted on when they get back to me.
Appreciate 0