View Single Post
      03-22-2017, 09:21 AM   #30
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

Hi I have owned three 911s, a 964 RS America (crased at Lime Rock), 993 coupe (sold needed money), and a 996 cab sold to buy RSA. I worked for Porsche Sales in NJ after retiring from Law enforcement position. Got the job because I was running NNJR PCA autocross program and was doing a shit load of track days so I was a good fit for them. Quit after two years started to become more work then fun.
The IMS and RMS issues are totally overblown looking at a 1 to 1.5 k fix when caught in time easy to recognize one that is on the way out and or just replace with the new and stop worrying. My 335 leaking valve cover cost half that much to replace not to mention all the rest of the stuff we put up with with the N54. Non of my P cars cost me as much to maintain as this one and I do not even track this car.
My best advise for you considering you have several modern cars at your disposal is to as said before buy an air cooled 911. The RSA is way out of most everybodies price range now but the 993s are still somewhat affordable. There is no other car I would want again if I could afford to buy anything at any price then a 95-98 911 4S (AKA 993.)
If you can get someone to let you drive one , there will be no looking back.