View Single Post
      01-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
U235
23 BMW X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Pole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
I'm looking at a 2011 X5 35d with 30k miles on it. The truck appears to be in excellent condition and mechanically sound from what I can see. With only 30k miles, it's still under the factory warranty to 50k.
It's not a CPO and the dealer I'm working with isn't a BMW dealer. Is this something I should be concerned with? Also, can I still buy the BMW 100k mile warranty since its not a CPO?

I'm very specific with what I'm looking for and that's making it difficult to find what I want, especially locally. I want a 2010 or newer X5 35d preferably jet black with black interior, or I'd settle for Alpine white. Don't really want white though since 3 of my last 4 vehicles have been white.
Must have less than 40k miles as well.

I'm not finding anything that meets my criteria in Austin. BMW of Austin has a white one that's in great condition, but they didn't want to work on the price. Plus they have it almost $10k more than comparable X5s in Houston and Dallas.

Right now, a dealer in Dallas has exactly what I'm looking for so I'm going to call them Tuesday and get all the info I need on it and ensure we can work a deal before making the 3 hour drive.

Any suggestions on what to look for and what to avoid? This will be my first BMW.

TIA
I've got an 09 X5 35d, Alpine White, and I'm in Austin as well. I'm looking to get a newer X5 35i. The BMW dealer here is pretty outrageous with their prices. I've tried to buy several cars over the past decade from them, and I've never been able to. New and used, they're just out of their minds. The white x5 35i they have listed for $54,900 (not even certified) is at least $5k over priced, and when I told them I was about to drive to Houston to get the same car which was listed at $48k, they still wouldn't lower the price any. Regrettably the Houston one sold the day before we were heading out there.

I bought my X5 at Apple Sport Imports, their prices weren't the best, but I really wanted a Diesel with Adaptive Drive and they had one. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a BMW from another dealer, in fact I think you almost have to. The Austin BMW dealer just seems out of control on their pricing.
Appreciate 0