08-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #105
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Die hard fans are funny at times. I understand the whole concept as I was a die hard Chevy guy but through the years I've became more and more of a true car guy, liking everything and wanting everything. From a Cruze to a Agera R.

But the thing that kills me is the guys, like your dad, that says "that Vette didn't pull an inch on me!" Oh ok, lets see what a stock 67 Camaro SS will do against a stock 2012 ZR1. Once you start dumping money into something then say (enter car name) aren't worth 2 pennies and call them garbage is when you're out of touch. If his car is a straight track car then it has to be towed everywhere right? While the ZR1 can be driven home.

I look at stock for stock performance and like it when people start modding a little but when you have to dump $40k+ and strip your car is when things become iffy just to say your Camaro is faster than something else that is stock and still has a warranty and creature comforts.
Nothing on the camaro is stock lol. It can be driven on the road but only to shows and stuff. He built the whole thing in his garage. It turned, accelerated and braked just as well as the zr1 did. For him, its more of what HE accomplished WITH his camaro. 25 year ongoing track car project with tons of heart and sole. If your able to keep up with a zr1, thats a solid accomplishment.

He more or less uses the latest technology as a benchmark for his own accomplishments. Couldn't be more proud of what he has created from the floor of his garage!
Appreciate 0