View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
polar993
Legend
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5 View Post
Your mods are very tasteful. She's a beaut.

How's the ride vs stock on the lowered springs? Been thinking about doing the same but worried about a hard ride kind of how my old E92 335i with the sport package was.
As you can see, I did my mods in stages, first starting with the lowering springs, followed by the 22" wheels.

The lowering springs made very little difference in ride comfort. There is less body lean and it's a little bouncy in the rear when going over speed bumps, but otherwise the quality of the ride was not really changed at all. It certainly handles better, but it wasn't a huge change. Keep in mind I have the 1.2" kit for the front and I don't have the links in the rear to bring it down very low, so the reduction in height from my suspension mod is quite subtle.

When switching from 19" to the 22" wheels, the ride got a bit harder, but nothing extreme. You feel the expansion joints in the road more on highways and you become very aware to avoid hitting potholes, but otherwise the ride quality is still very acceptable.

Overall I am very happy with the mods and I don't regret them one bit. I was afraid the ride quality would be compromised, but it hasn't.

I have an E60 M5 with a lowered suspension and 21" wheels with 25-series tires, and that gives a pretty stiff and tight ride. It's a totally different car and it's expected that the ride on the M5 with those mods would change the ride quality significantly.

If you're torn about whether or not to do the suspension and wheel mods on the X6 because of the ride quality, it shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Hope this helps.

-Tom
Appreciate 0