01-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bak View Post
I picked up my car yesterday and was advised that the noise was normal for a turbo motor. When I asked why it just started at 50,000 miles I did not get an answer. The tech advised me that when the turbo makes pressure and then you let off on the gas this noise is caused by the pressure having no where to go. There was not much I could say so on my way home from the dealer I left the radio off and noticed when I made a turn and accelerated the noise was very loud. So much for the tech's theory that it was upon de-acceleration that this is occuring. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that the noise is coming from what ever it is that controls which wheel the power goes to. Something gearbox related. I just purchased the best extended warranty so there is really no urgency to get this fixed, I will wait till it gets worse and then take the service manager for a ride. I will follow this thread and if anyone comes up with a fix please post. Sorry for the disappointing news I hoped to be more informative. Best, Brian
Hi Brian, sorry to hear that they did not come up with a solution.
I called my dealer yesterday. They booked me in on 11th (next Tuesday). I will update what he has to say.

The sound is not really a sharp "whistle" noise. It is like a combination of whistle + some friction due to rubbing + faint sky train / subway driven by noise.
Appreciate 0