View Single Post
      01-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
RedRockin
Rep
Drives: X5 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockin View Post
Could use a bit of help here. As I posted, I ordered my X5 on December 30 and was told by my Sales Consultant that it was ordered for delivery for the end of February (as I requested - to coincide with the end of my Inifiniti lease).

I never received any production updates or announcements, as the dealer had told me I would and as I can clearly see form many posts here that customers ordering these vehicles receive. I never received a production number either.

I just received an email from my sales consultant telling me that my vehicle is now in production and will be finished on or about Jan 22 and should be at the dealership by the end of January. He further states that he knows I did not want it so soon but thought I would want to know this news.

From all I read here, and in other forums, this seems very out of the normal course of events and I am suspicious. On the one hand, I could easily be excited (even though I would have to return the Infiniti almost a month early and still have to pay for that month) and on the other hand this has me raising an eyebrow.

Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations, etc.?? Never having dealt with this situation, I hope some of you with more experience in these matters might offer some advice.

T.I.A.
EDIT: I just looked back thru the first email from dealer confirming my order was approved. Within the attachment (which on first look, back then, I read as a more formal build description) there is an order number the sales consultant had not pointed out and I had missed it too. Sales had told me I would receive updates. I just called the BMW line and the status report indicates the vehicle is scheduled for production with no production date yet. This only further confuses me about the email I received from the sales consultant today!
Appreciate 0