BMW X6M and X5M
- 4.4l twin-turbo V8. 1.5 Bar (21psi). Twin-scroll turbo technology.
- 555 HP @ 6000 rpm
- 501 lb-ft torque (1500rpm - 5650rpm)
- 0-60: 4.5s
- Pulse tuned exhaust manifold
- 6-Speed M Sports Automatic Transmission (with paddle shift)
- Dynamic performance control
- Nearly 50:50 weight distribution
- 20" Wheels --> Front: 275/40 R 20 and Rear: 315/35 R 20.
- M Tuned suspension: 0.4in. lower then standard
This new M engine is the world's first with a pulse-tuned exhaust manifold encompassing both rows of cylinders combined with high-performance twin-scroll twin turbo technology. Two low-mass twin-scroll turbochargers are positioned together with the catalytic converters in the "V" section between the two banks of cylinders. By reversing the flow of gases through the engine from traditional arrangements, the intake and exhaust ducts are shortened and widened. The result is that pressure losses on the exhaust side are minimized.
This configuration, known as Cylinder-bank Comprehensive Manifold (CCM), offers quick turbo spooling, a linear build-up of engine power, and a broad, consistent torque curve by feeding each of the twin turbochargers with a "charge pulse" at approximately every 90 degrees of crankshaft rotation, rather than the more traditional "irregular schedule" of charging. Maximum boost pressure is set at 1.5bar (21psi).
BMW X5M Wallpapers
Want more information navigate the tabs below