03-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
quitethesnapper
bimmerlover
Canada
Rep
Drives: the panzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I guess the biggest 'issue' I had with this car is that my wife absolutely HATES the X6 (and she told me so EVERY TIME we saw one on the road!)...

The second issue (for me) was the iDrive. I mean, why should I buy a (new) car with an old iDrive system when I know that BMW has a better one already available???

Especially when they already put them into the current 3series (and other models)?

Take a look at these links/posts and you see what I mean when I say that the current iDrive in the X6 is OLD, SLOW and WAY outdated:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3432271

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3432361

You only need to spend a minute with the new iDrive to know EXACTLY what I mean.

And lastly, I think what really made me pull the plug on the X6 was the fact that this car seems to have WAY too many issues. If I look back to when I started posting on this forum, pretty much EVERY ONE that has bought this car and posted here has had some sort of MAJOR problem with their car since then...

Now I'm not saying that BMW makes bad cars, after all I just bought another one and I'm not foreseeing to change brands any time soon (although I did drive a MB S550 4Matic fully loaded with AMG package for a few days and I can't say that I'm impressed with the S550). Now I sure hope that the new 7 will have a better (or at least slightly better) track record than the current X6 in regards to reliability. I guess only time will tell...

In the meantime, I hope, for the sake of all those that bought the X6 that BMW can figure out all those pesky issues (small and big ones) so that every one can get back to enjoying their ride!

Who knows, maybe in a year or two I'll go back and look at the X6 again, though I sure hope that BMW will take the X6's DPC and stick it into a 7 series ... preferably the upcoming 760i TTV12 ... NOW we are talking!!!

Anyway, there you have it, my main 3 reasons for switching to the 750i Individual...
i also went to the unveiling of the new 7 at the harbourside studios in toronto and i can totally understand why you chose that car, the car is absolutely dynamite, the only thing is that it doesn't come with xdrive yet, how do you think it will handle the winters up here? as well, my x6 is a monster, i absolutely love it, except for this check engine light, i don't really spend that much time using idrive while driving except for ipod use or the odd nav use, i just don't understand going from x6 to 7 series, why not wait for x5 m or x6 m? or until the x6 comes with new idrive, the truck is definitely worth the wait, i ordered mine april 2008 and took delivery october 31st, the wait killed me but was totally worth it
Appreciate 0