11-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #28
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBMW6 View Post
Unfortunatly, I got some bad news...I just got off the phone with BMW Sales Manager at our local dealer, in Kuwait, and he said that he recently talked with the BMW Regional Manager and has confirmed that the new iDrive in X6 has been pushed back to September 2009 Production. I'm not sure the reason behind such decision, but I would suspect it has to do with the economic crisis that is already hurting auto industry.

I've read that German auto makers are seeking govenment assistance due to recent losses and the slow down in demand. BMW seems to be in a worst shape.

So I think the iDrive push back is one of the things they're considering in order to cut down costs.

Here's the link to the recent article from BusinesWeek, which gives good insight about the troubles facing the German auto industry:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/11/30/ca...des/#more-6313
I think GM is in the worst shape but it's hard to tell, I think a lot of auto manufacturers (as well as other industries) are using this to get free money. Although BMW probably had the most exposure on leases.