LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
When you borrow on a mortgage you don't stop paying interest when your taxes go up either. One has nothing to do with the other so it is not at all double dipping. Everyone's taxes go up when they earn more. It is kind of shocking to think people think the way you think. JFC.
I wasn't aware that you paid taxes to your mortgage lender...

I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept for you to understand.

The original intention for the student loan program, as I understand it since I'm much younger, was to reduce the cost on the wider society for funding college education where most people lack degrees. Using the "revenue" from the student loan program to lower the net cost to society can make sense.

It doesn't make sense to turn that program into something that generates profits for the government at the expense of students and the wider society.

But these discussions always descend into personal attacks like you levied against me. Meanwhile, our nation slips further and further behind with no sign of stopping the slide.

Increasingly our colleges are filling up with international students. Our own population is increasingly skipping college due to its cost burden and threatens our lead in almost all major sectors of our economy. We'll continue to fill those spots with college degree holders from other nations or see industries, like tech, move out of the US.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/f...ts-in-the-u-s/

But keep pretending it was like when you were a kid and College cost less than an iPhone does today and we have no need for software engineers or mechanical engineers to build chips and so forth and so on.
Appreciate 0