View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 12:09 AM   #11
WajahatM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i xDrive

Honestly man I did the valve cover+gasket which is pretty straight forward. Literally just moving some wires out of the way, remove fuel rail, and the strut tower brace. Then hella bolts for the valve cover. The hardest 1-2 bolts to access are passenger side in the back. You have to be creative with extensions and swivel attatchments. I think I used 6”+swivel+3”+swivel+1”. I also used an extendible mirror with a light to get a better visual on the bolt which helped a lot. Tbh the part that made it hard/annoying was when I was done and torquing down the bolts and I got to the last one, the head snapped. It’s bc I reused all the old ones. I had to take everything back off, then was able to get out the broken bolt with pliers, no drilling needed. Scary af tho. Just hand tightened them after. Gotta be careful with aluminum bolts bc when they’re torqued once, they stretch bc they’re soft and are prone to breaking easily.

For water pump honestly the clearance is kinda hard. My car has been running on the warmer side and I was going to preemptively change the water pump. I ordered it from FCP euro, lifted the car, then realized it’s gonna be a pain to reach one of the bolts. Would be much easier if I dropped the subframe. So I just returned the part tbh. I plan to change my oil pan with gasket to a baffled one and I’ll do water pump then. Thermostat is pretty easy tho.
Appreciate 0