View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 08:07 PM   #11
deziboi73
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

2011 BMW X5 35i XDrive Engine Malfunction Reduced Power

Had the same issue. Where this message would pop up and clear itself once the car was restarted. It didn't give any engine codes, or check engine lights. Was definitely thankful for that. Upon investigating, I found out that the Solenoid Vanos could cause this. However, I changed those about 3 months ago and didn't feel as if this was the issue. I changed 2 faulty plugs (NGK Laser Iridium) about 2-3 weeks ago. Was riding fine and the Engine Malfunction reduced power light popped up again. When I remembered that I broke one of my Turbo Vacuum Hose tube pipes in half in the midst of it all. So, I went to my local parts store and purchased a piece of hose that was slightly bigger and coupled the two broken ends together. The truck has ran great for the past two weeks and still does. It's just that message. I ordered a new hose but have been too busy to put in on. I am thinking that this might be the culprit. From what Ive learned and read; that any type of vacuum leak or compromise could cause this as well.
Appreciate 0