View Single Post
      07-16-2023, 01:37 PM   #308
Matti123
Rep
Drives: Bmw e60 and X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
Aside from all of this we need to stop derailing this thread. There are still things to be learn and this is purely a thread that talks about how to go about performing the speaker swap to get a decent upgrade without going custom. We have a lot of info on these speakers already. Really the only important things to me was the fs of each speaker. If you want the t/s parameters I can post them. But I don’t see how it’ll how it’ll help. If you’d like to discuss/argue about whatever it is you are with the factory systems then I suggest you make your own thread.
Just watched a youtube video and the e70 looks to be very close to infinite baffle but I think its still just internally coupled subwoofer system just like every other bmw.
5mm xmax? What?? The bad hifi/us base audio woofers have 6mm xmax, the parameters are published on this forum. I will make a video of 10mm xmax at some point. The mw9 has only 4.5mm xmax because its made for a whole different purpose. Many 4 inch midranges have same xmax lol. "Bass speaker that happens to play low"...lol you realize how ridiculous that sounds? You think the crossover between mid and underseats is around 500hz? You realize how bad that would sound when directional sounds are coming beneath your butt? Actual fact from individual audio system is that the low pass for underseats is around 225hz and high pass for mids around 200hz. This can also be found from the forum.
The ix b&w system indeed does have four woofers and two 4D "bass shakers". Aftermarket systems can be better with custom pods of course but requires an actual professional, I am certain you could not do it.

Share all the t/s parameters you have measured if you have.
Appreciate 0