Thread: ppf or not???
View Single Post
      03-16-2023, 01:20 PM   #97
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Yea, it for sure doesn't make sense for everyone. All depends on your personal preference. I think a great deal also depends on what part of the world you live in and what sort of climate you have. For us here, any nice car is a no-brainer basically and why 99% of people get at least even basic PPF package. It greatly helps with re-sale of vehicles in our neck of woods as well.

As far as the cost is concerned, all I can tell you is the price in my area which is what I stated above. I pay even lower a little due to the volume of cars I go through and take to them and referrals etc., but our regular shops are around the 4K-5K CDN region. But definitely to each their own. I am not officially diagnosed with OCD and I guess I should have been more careful with using that term in that context but I have been told that I have some tendencies of that nature. I just like everything perfectly clean and impeccable including my house, office, garage, car etc. So the added costs come with involving cleaning personnel and just more frequent involvement of them in these tasks. I am getting my garage epoxy'd in a month as we get to summer as seeing the dirt and debris from winter has been really bothering me lately so will get it done so the cleaning is a easy breeze and it doesn't get as messy regularly. When I see a scratch or a chip or something of that nature on one of my cars I literally stress and hum and haw over it for forever and sometimes loose sleep over it until I have to get it fixed right away. It's definitely not normal as I know other car people that aren't that crazy about their vehicles.

EDIT: The only windshields I had PPF'ed were Aston Martin, McLaren 720S and G63AMG. Typically I don't bother with the windshield PPF and have insurance coverage for that. I had a bad experience with it on my Aston with it fading and scratching up causing light streaks etc. in dark when lights would hit it it would have weird light streaks and that turned me away from it. It does help with rock chips and rock pits and perhaps the quality is better these days or maybe I had a bad batch or something.

Last edited by ksa; 03-16-2023 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 1