View Single Post
      08-03-2022, 04:05 PM   #4
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
According to Chicago Auto Pros, it's hard to shrink. Its installed like Window tint, versus being installed like PPF, where you have to shape it to the windshield. And I'm not even sure you can get it without being a seller.

The film is so awkward to work with, every company has a different formulation of the product. Where most window tint is the same, every company for the outer windshield film, has their own idea of how thick it needs to be, and what material its made out of. Right now, the best outer windshield protection film on the market, is STek DYNOFlex.

It has its drawbacks, it's not 100% optically clear, maybe like 97%-98% the glue used causes imperfections in the install. It's all about how good the installer is at installing it. But the trade off is 500% worth it to me.
At 1,304 miles I had ExoShield installed by the PPF installer that put on Expel. Very pleased good clarity no floaties, a couple of dust specs that are extremely hard to find unless you are in the right lighting conditions.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln14075.50
Seanhfx217.00