Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2019 RAM 3500  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2000 Ford F450 7.3l ...  [0.00]
It really doesn't/wont matter who you buy your tune from. The custom software that allows engine tuning and base tune all comes from one source. None of these tune shops have software developers on staff, people capable of cracking the engine code encryption, and understanding and modifying engine code. So they all buy the tune software kit and a base map from the same source.

All "tuners" start at the same place and have the same limitations that are in the tune software kit. There is at best very minor differences between tunes. The only "upgrade" is someone to personally customize the maps for your car. Otherwise the only difference really between tuners is price, marketing and fudge factors from their dyno runs.

So I'd just buy whatever is cheapest, has good local support (for when things break) or has the best customizer for your needs. Dinan has a good reputation and is a great price. Doubt there are any tunes that make a significant difference at the wheels with stock hardware.

Customization is unnecessary with stock hardware. this platform has been around for 10 years+ it's unlikely anyone at this point anyone has found a secret map to wring out extra performance from stock hardware.
Appreciate 0