View Single Post
      05-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #16
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
Thank you - I was subscribed to your build even before I found my car. and thanks for the suggestion, I'll def look at OEM part source for anything else.

Now that you're here, I may have a question for you haha. I had a coolant leak that I thought was the reservoir cap (replacing the cap didn't help) but turned out to be the reservoir itself (replaced it as well). Coolant on the floor mostly on the driver's side right under the reservoir. Now that it's been taken care of, I found another pond of coolant, on passenger side, and figured it only leaks when engine reaches normal operating temps and it's shut off, I'm guessing its somewhere around aux coolant pump for turbos (which runs for quite a bit after the engine's shut off).

Are there any known issues with passenger side aux water pump or hoses maybe? I haven't gotten underneath the car yet, I will once I complete the engine related stuff.

Sorry, I haven't run into these issues yet. I've had some kind of E70 (4.8, 3.5, X5M) in the garage since 2007, you'd figure I would have, right? Maybe, if I ask nicely, Sophisticated Redneck can chime in...in my mind he's the go-to for engine...