03-31-2021, 08:21 PM   #50
Michelin Man
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: S213 E 63 S, i3s, E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
I would not recommend dealing with this guy/his dad... We agree on a price, I wait months for them to pull the part, then he tries to jack up the price later and sells it to someone else out from under me
A) It was last month this person asked about the wheel. If the buyer states that he could have purchased it months ago, perhaps he was looking before he even approached us? It was 20 below zero here last month, and we said we would not be removing interior parts until warmer weather. No date was promised. The buyer was under no obligation to wait. The weather has been colder, then wetter than expected, as many know.

B) We agreed on a great price for him ($300) for the steering wheel, though no deposit was placed. The buyer assumed he could get more than the wheel for that. After we removed the wheel on Sunday, we sent him photos of the wheel, showing the wheel just as BMW sells "steering wheel" part number--32306797912 ($1043.16 at ECS tuning; no paddles, buttons, no trim, no airbag). We said other parts like paddles or buttons were also available. (We have had others interested in combinations of the parts: wheel, paddles, clock spring, buttons, and set a price for each, trying to match what a buyer prefers). He said he also needed the buttons/front trim. He asked what the price was with the buttons. If he thought they were included in the $300, why then did he ask the price with them added?
When we gave him the price with the buttons included today, and noted that there was another buyer interested in this wheel and ready to buy, this buyer accused my father, "...I am a man of my word and you clearly are not". My father apologized for the misunderstanding (definition of what was included with a steering wheel was obviously not the same to the buyer and seller).
Another forum member thought the price with buttons was fair, and purchased the wheel that way today. It is unfortunate not everyone is happy.
Appreciate 0