View Single Post
      02-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #13
Esdras_R
Rep
Drives: 2009 Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by predicate_logic View Post
Overall, if I'm being realistic, I can't recommend buying a high mileage X5M unless one of these is true:

1) you are prepared to spend somewhere between $2-4K per year, on average, for a shop to do all the maintenance and upkeep and fixes
2) you are prepared to spend $1-2K in parts per year, on average, and able to do all the work yourself, AND you have the spare time in your life to do all the fixes yourself
3) you can do a combination of #1 and #2

Personally, I do have the money to pay a shop to maintain my X5M, but I don't have the money to buy a brand new one.
That is some pretty sound logic, your X5M is beautiful by the way!
It sounds like any time that there is major work being done, as much should be thrown in to replace as possible.
I'm going to do some more research on the warranty, according to his paperwork they covered the turbos, which is one of my main concerns.
I feel like all the high mileage M's that I've seen are right at about 120K-130K which makes me a little weary.
I can most definitely do minor stuff and I actually don't mind putting in the work since it's something I enjoy as a hobby. I was looking at an SRT8 Jeep, but this seems to have some more character and seems a whole lot more fun.
Appreciate 0